Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Feedback: Ultimate Windows Customizer

VicByrd is offline New Member

Great app!

I'm getting the .net error and tried the regedit fix but I do not have the key ({F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}) as listed in your post. I have done a complete registry search for that key. I'm running 7 x64 SP1. I've tried a repair install and reboot but still no key. App opens fine but as soon as I click the Explorer tab I get the error.

Look forward to your reply.

ans1057 is offline New Member

I have no type of customization running. That is why I cannot figure out why it says it can only run on windows 7 or 8 and it does not even say the complete comment in the popup dialogue box like in the previous post. It stops at is in the dialogue box.

Inception8 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    If anyone gets this error and would like to help me narrow it down quickly:
    Open Regedit and navigate to the following Registry Key:

Right-Click this Registry Key and select Permissions. Check Permissions for Administrator and if available, your Username.
    Next, click Advanced then Owner and check to see if it says Trusted Installer, Administrator or your Username.

Permissions should be FULL for Administrator and\or your Username and the Owner should be either Administrator or your Username.
    If not then this is the issue.

Note: This is not the only location but one of several, so adjusting this key manually will still result in the same error if you run UWC. Please let me know so that I can update as fast as possible.
    Unfortunately I don't even have that key listed when navigating to that location however there... ARE... 4 keys ONLY all of them relating to Dropbox.

Oh and I get that same error with regard to administrator or use the MS .NET Configuration Tool when clicking on Explorer and Libraries. There was an initial error with regard to Wordpad of some kind when clicking on Miscellaneous the first time around but when clicking on it going back upward it I didn't get the error message again afterwards.
    Last edited by Inception8; 24th November 2011 at 18:34.

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thanks L.W. for the quick updates. as always .... You Da Man!

maninweb is offline New Member

Hi there...

I found the app via the MVP Facebook group and firstly, I would like to say: great app and idea and all for free :-)
    I had installed the tool on Windows 7 Ultimate German. I am logged as Admin on my computer and getting some errors while running the tool.

I am using Avira AntiVirus Free, unfortunately the scanner reports a problem with the file "QuickHide.exe" when installing the software and while
    Avira scans the folders on my computer. As Avira recognizes the file as harmful, Avira always tries to delete it.

Unfortunately the tool throws some errors while running. Clicking on "Explorer" on the left side shows following error. It does not matter,
    if I start the tool "normally" or if I start it by right clicking and selecting "start as admin".
    ************** Ausnahmetext **************
    System.Security.SecurityException: Der angeforderte Registrierungszugriff ist unzulässig. (Translation: the requested registry access is not allowed)
    bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(Exceptio nResource resource)
    bei Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
    bei UWC.Explorer.explorerload()
    A similar error occurs when I try to access the settings for "Libraries". Another error message is that some files can not be found. This happens when I select
    Libraries and "Music" (Musik in German).
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    I also have a suggestion: Not in all lists, but for example in the lists for "Context Menue", a selected entry is not highlighted. If you choose "Desktop"
    and "Control Panel", these selections are not highlighted (blue background). So, my suggestion is, to highlight the selections.

Finally I have also an offer: If you like or are interested, I can help to translate the tool in German :-)

Best Regards :-)
    Last edited by LeeW; 25th November 2011 at 12:18.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The developer Lee, asked me to share here that he would be busy for a day or two on account of Thanksgiving day, but will be back soon thereafter to address the issues.

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Everyone: Been dealing with Thanksgiving all day but finishing the update tonight. To everyone having the explorer issue. That is very strange that you do not have that key available, but I will fix this tonight to work around it. Most of the (bugs) I have already fixed, just really minor stuff left to do tonight before I go to bed. Keep updates enabled and hopefully by morning you'll be notified of a new update.
    Thanks for the program
    Got several errors but I'll wait for your update before I test it again.

m-p{3} is offline New Member

It seems that by using an MUI on my Windows 7 Ultimate system, I cannot use the customizer. I get the following error message

Incorrect Operating System!
    This program is designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8. I apologize, but it is not designed for Microsoft Windows 7 Édition Intégrale.
    Any way to bypass this?

m-p{3} is offline New Member

Oh, now I feel silly. Thanks!

Tigersmust is offline New Member

Hope you had a great holiday and thank you for all your hard work!

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last