Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Feedback: Ultimate Windows Customizer

Brian1951 is offline New Member

Post Problems with UWC

Operating System Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Computer Dell Inspiron 570

I've downloaded and installed UWC. In concept I like it but it's awfully buggy. For several things that I tried to do I get an error message. "An unhandled exception has occurred..."

Also for the Windows Start-up Screen. When I click "Apply Changes" sometimes the progress bar hangs and I don't know if the change was applied or not.

The truly amazing thing...when I start up UWC I get a message that "updates are available". When I download the "zip" file it actually is an html file of the Windows Club web page!

I find this very frustrating. I am not a happy camper!

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Best to go back to the created restore point, in such cases.

Operating System Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. I've run into several problems. The latest is on the startup screen, I had changed the Brand to just the Windows Flag. I want to go back to the default brand image. I tried clicking on just the radio button "Default" under Brand. When I clicked Apply the progress bar just hung. Then it displayed a message about "null path". I rebooted. The default background image is there but the Brand is just the Windows Flag. I tried booting into Administrator and no joy. Is there a way I can manually restore the Default Brand Image? Is there a place on the Hard Drive where it's kept? Is there a location in the Registry I need to modify? Please Advise.

Thank you Brian K

Here it is August 2014 and STILL NO RESPONSE regarding the Updates file not being a zip file but a html file.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1951 View Post
    Operating System Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Computer Dell Inspiron 570

I've downloaded and installed UWC. In concept I like it but it's awfully buggy. For several things that I tried to do I get an error message. "An unhandled exception has occurred..."

Also for the Windows Start-up Screen. When I click "Apply Changes" sometimes the progress bar hangs and I don't know if the change was applied or not.

The truly amazing thing...when I start up UWC I get a message that "updates are available". When I download the "zip" file it actually is an html file of the Windows Club web page!

I find this very frustrating. I am not a happy camper!

Where is the update to WUC? When I get a message that an update is available for download, what get's downloaded is a file called uwc.zip but it's not a zip file it's actually an HTML file of TWC Apps available for download. I posted about this in April and STILL haven't found an answer to my question.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hi Brian, This is the last available version http://www.thewindowsclub.com/downloads/uwc.zip. No further updates were made to this program by its developer.

slashusr is offline New Member

If you have any bugs to report, feedback to give, support to request or tweak suggestions to offer, you may do so here. Its developer Lee will be happy to help you out.

Before posting issues that are being caused from users running Ultimate Windows Customizer on different language versions other than English. Currently Ultimate Windows Customizer supports English (EN) only. Multilanguage support will be coming in a future update.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

You can do amazing things with UWC! Everything except system restore -- despite what UWC tells you every time you make a change.

I tried to roll back some changes after some pretty egregious errors (i.e., things I did I wish I hadn't) and "What? No RESTORE POINTS? The UWC was always creating restore points...What happened?"

Unhappy,

slashusr

p.s. -- No, Virginia, I did not "clean up" restore points
    Last edited by slashusr; 15th July 2015 at 06:03.

mcdermdj is offline Beginner

Default Ultimate Windows Customizer does not work on the Taskbar

I installed the Ultimate Windows Customizer on my Windows 7 64 bit platform. I tried to use it to change the icon size on the taskbar. I wanted to get the icons so they were more medium than the large and small options.After I did this, I found that it did nothing. I did all the stuff asked of me including logging off. Since that did not work, I tried restarting Windows but that did not seem to make it work either.

What is going on?

Page 9 of 9 First ... 789