Page 11 of 26 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

finuser is offline New Member

Last night I got rid of the problem by taking my laptop back to the restore point the Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 made. When my laptop restarted my laptop keyboard functioned normally and I had Windows Photo Viewer available as well. However, I put the laptop in the sleep state for the night and this morning the keyboard problems are back. The button for ' makes the # sign, the button for makes the ' sign, the button for - makes the / sign and so on, everything in wrong places. Has the UWT4's tampering of the registry caused this keyboard problem still can't find the question mark.

I'm from Finland so I guess my keyboard has settings for the letters - has this caused the problem so that changing the registry butted the signs from their correct places or something

parassidhu is online now Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by finuser View Post
    Last night I got rid of the problem by taking my laptop back to the restore point the Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 made. When my laptop restarted my laptop keyboard functioned normally and I had Windows Photo Viewer available as well. However, I put the laptop in the sleep state for the night and this morning the keyboard problems are back. The button for ' makes the # sign, the button for makes the ' sign, the button for - makes the / sign and so on, everything in wrong places. Has the UWT4's tampering of the registry caused this keyboard problem still can't find the question mark.

I'm from Finland so I guess my keyboard has settings for the letters - has this caused the problem so that changing the registry butted the signs from their correct places or something
    No, UWT 4 doesn't harm registry in such a way. This should be something else.

sneekie is offline New Member

hello im new here, thank you

Goby is offline New Member

Fantastic program, but I'd love to see one additional option for improving the aesthetics of the desktop. I use the program to remove the shortcuts from my icons, but I'd also love it if there was an option to hide the names of select icons. Atm you can only hide them by renaming the icons to a void character using Alt+NUM255, but that's really tedious since every consecutive icon needs more of those characters. Eventually entering the characters manually becomes way too much trouble for some eye candy.
    Has this crossed your thoughts? Let me know if I can look forward to this in a future update.

Thanks!

Thank you!

@Goby's suggestion is good. I understand this trick and have noted it. We'll try to implement it in next version of UWT.

Goby is offline New Member

That's great! I'll be looking forward to that addition then

bruce_b is offline New Member

Does Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 (for Windows 10) have the ability to remove the UAC Shield Overlay
    from Desktop Icon Shortcuts that are set to Run As Administrator ? ? If it does, where do I find that
    option ? ? As usual Microsoft had to mess things up by destroying nice looking icons with that overlay.
    Most users do not want it and it should be an option to show it or not. If your otherwise good program
    does not have that feature, can it be added in the next release ? ? It would be a great addition.

Thanks

Hi,
    Currently UWT doesn't have such option but we will consider adding it in next version

CNT
    CNT is offline New Member

I don't understand? WHY is this in here (in TWC FREEWARE)?

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD: Click here to scan Windows for issues causing speed loss

This is nothing new as with other sites, causing PC mess ups. I got the impression that TWC would be a good and safe site (which "in fact" it tweaks Win10 mess ups too, does it?). I haven't tried UWT4 yet... now should I?

CNT
    CNT is offline New Member

Besides the UWT4, is there a suggest guide where I can follow to tweak out features within Win10? There used to be a website where lists suggested to enable/disable Windows Services. It's been long forgotten for me.

Also, can I install UWT4 on my USB thumbdrive? Can I just plug the USB on "any" PC and tweak stuff on other friend's PC (then take the USB back with me)?

Page 11 of 26 First ... 91011121321 ... Last