Page 2 of 31 First 123412 ... Last
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

R1k
    R1k is offline New Member

By clicking on Apply it applies the settings of all "tabs" or just the tab we are in?

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

It applies for all tabs except those which have "Apply" button within tab control.

SHERIFA is offline New Member

Lightbulb Q&A

Howdy,

What happens when we have used at first pastebin.com/d8fNvv6x this batch file and then applying ticks/settings from the cdn.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/windows-10-privacy1.jpg Security & Privacy > Privacy tab? How do we know which code is better – the .bat file or the tab on privacy? I don't know which tick what exactly does (or if first to use the Tweaker then the .bat or first the .bat then the Tweaker).

Also i.imgur.com/qgoK5Km.jpg if you check this you'll know that some options cannot be simply deactivated/disabled like "Diagnostic and usage data" (even if it's grayed out, only available for disable for Windows 10 Enterprise) and the Telemetry (the same, requires Win-10 Enterprise).

No such info is provided nowhere into the Tweaker software (like when we click on some tick to disable Telemetry, if that REALLY disables is or just disables it on Win-10 Enterprise version), etc.? Can the developers explain more in detail? Also why they aren't added any "Hosts" ticks (found on lines like those on the .bat file)?

I want to get best of the best of both (I haven't yet installed Win-10 yet, still curious either Pro or Enterprise, but it seems that the second option is the right one). I've got also abelhadigital.com/hostsman HostsMan & HostsServer as server with tons of hosts-providers.

Thanks.

Regards.
    Last edited by SHERIFA; 25th August 2015 at 11:39.

tniver is offline New Member

I get following error when DISM OS=Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 0x800f081f help

rocky103 is offline New Member

IS UWT4 sure that privacy settings mean no spying is going if all checkboxes are selected? I certainly don't want my internet to be active (or worse, stuff to be phoning home) unless I open a browser (preferably IE11) and I specifically authorize the action. How can we be sure other trapdoors are not open?

Quote Originally Posted by SHERIFA View Post
    Howdy,

What happens when we have used at first pastebin.com/d8fNvv6x this batch file and then applying ticks/settings from the cdn.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/windows-10-privacy1.jpg Security & Privacy > Privacy tab? How do we know which code is better the .bat file or the tab on privacy? I don't know which tick what exactly does (or if first to use the Tweaker then the .bat or first the .bat then the Tweaker).

Also i.imgur.com/qgoK5Km.jpg if you check this you'll know that some options cannot be simply deactivated/disabled like "Diagnostic and usage data" (even if it's grayed out, only available for disable for Windows 10 Enterprise) and the Telemetry (the same, requires Win-10 Enterprise).

No such info is provided nowhere into the Tweaker software (like when we click on some tick to disable Telemetry, if that REALLY disables is or just disables it on Win-10 Enterprise version), etc.? Can the developers explain more in detail? Also why they aren't added any "Hosts" ticks (found on lines like those on the .bat file)?

I want to get best of the best of both (I haven't yet installed Win-10 yet, still curious either Pro or Enterprise, but it seems that the second option is the right one). I've got also abelhadigital.com/hostsman HostsMan & HostsServer as server with tons of hosts-providers.

Thanks.

Regards.
    Hi there,

When I see that bat file, I can say that it solves a few privacy problems with Windows 10.

Code:
    echo This Script will do the following:
    echo Disable Data Logging Services
    echo Configure Windows Explorer
    echo Uninstall Onedrive
    echo Edit the Hosts file to block sending Telemetry Data to Microsoft
    UWT 4 provides much more options to control our privacy. So both are good. You can use bat file before UWT or vice versa. Now, you're right that some of the privacy tweaks are limited to specific editions of Windows 10. Mostly Home users are left alone while other support Pro and Enterprise. We'll make a change to show which editions are supported in future updates. Thanks for pointing out.

@tniver, can you please explain more what happened with screenshot?

@rocky103, Perfection can't be achieved. There are options deep in Windows 10 to control privacy to an extent. UWT 4 make access to those options easy. Even if you checked all checkboxes and applied, you're not 100% private. Maybe 90%.

To get most privacy, check all relevant options and apply. Good Luck!

rocky103 is offline New Member

OK thanks for reply -- and hope there are follow-ups to revisit this issue in your program so the swiss cheese approach to privacy and security they revealed in this iteration of windows is sealed up. Good god.

Juanny is offline New Member

I just tried the tweaks under security and privacy and it somehow disabled windows defender and it doesnt allow updates through windows update of the virus definitions-any idea which setting on the app is doing this or a workaround?

Page 2 of 31 First 123412 ... Last