Page 23 of 24 First ... 1321222324 Last
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

parassidhu is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hi Rino,

What I can understand is that there's no problem with UWT. Such problem happened to me twice due to some virus and I had to reset my PC once. After changing the value from Regedit, now UWT runs normal or issues persist?
    Last edited by parassidhu; 24th January 2017 at 07:47.

Recycle is offline New Member

When using UWT 4.2.2 in trying to remove the word "shortcut" it doesn't remove them. I tried and they are still there but in Windows 7 version when I check the options to remove shortcut word they go away but not in UWT 4.2.2 they remain there. Is this a bug in 4.2.2 for Windows 10 version?

Rino is offline Beginner

My latest conclusion
    As UWT4 failed to help me now - I have to use Regedit again which quickly fixed my problem:
    1. To use Regedit right-click Start > Run > type regedit or by using Keyboard shortcut > Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog, type regedit into the “Open” box, and press Enter on your keyboard.
    2. The Registry Editor window open > navigate to the following location:
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    3. Right-click on Explorer and choose New > Key to create a new Registry key within Explorer. You’ll see the new key appear at the end of the list (“New Key #1”). Rename it Shell Icons and press Enter on
    your keyboard to save the change.
    4. new Shell Icons key selected, right-click on the right side of the window and select New > String Value. A new entry will appear (“New Value #1”) > Rename it 29.
    5. Double-click the new 29 value to reveal the “Edit String” window, which lets you define the value’s properties. In the “Value Data” box, enter the following text: %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50
    (I use Copy & Paste for no error).
    6. Click OK to save the change and close the “Edit String” window > Restart PC to take effect.

Easy Fixing No. 1: The next morning I found all Desktop Icons turned to BLACK Icons. I said using Regedit is more quickly troubleshot the problem because it leave the last hierarchy of sections we've last used. So just after doing Steps #1 of above > the hierarchy sections of 29 is immediately shown > double-click 29 > to delete or remove %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 - press Backspace or Delete keys > press OK to finish it. Restart PC to find all Desktop Icons return back to normal -- all visible Desktop Icons.

Easy Fixing No. 2: Then after a week time I won't surprise I found all Desktop Icons are invisible or blank Icons again with their Icons named description only. to troubleshoot this and succeeding Black Icons problem which appears later -- I just did Steps #1 of above > the hierarchy sections of 29 is immediately shown > double-click 29 > this time I Copy & Paste %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 - > press OK to finish it. Restart PC to find all Desktop Icons return back to normal -- all visible normal Desktop Icons.

Now after a week time if I found BLACK Desktop Icons -- I just do Easy Fixing No. 1: otherwise if I found Desktop Icons turns Invisible or Blank -- I just do Easy Fixing No. 2 - repeated these 2 fixing solution alternating again and again.

Until UWT4 graphical application is being fixed with many others useful features I have to continues using Regedit.

Rino is offline Beginner

Default My Latst Conclusion

My latest conclusion
    As UWT4 failed to help me now - I have to use Regedit again which quickly fixed my problem:
    1. To use Regedit right-click Start > Run > type regedit or by using Keyboard shortcut > Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog, type regedit into the “Open” box, and press Enter on your keyboard.
    2. The Registry Editor window open > navigate to the following location:
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    3. Right-click on Explorer and choose New > Key to create a new Registry key within Explorer. You’ll see the new key appear at the end of the list (“New Key #1”). Rename it Shell Icons and press Enter on
    your keyboard to save the change.
    4. new Shell Icons key selected, right-click on the right side of the window and select New > String Value. A new entry will appear (“New Value #1”) > Rename it 29.
    5. Double-click the new 29 value to reveal the “Edit String” window, which lets you define the value’s properties. In the “Value Data” box, enter the following text: %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50
    (I use Copy & Paste for no error).
    6. Click OK to save the change and close the “Edit String” window > Restart PC to take effect.

Easy Fixing No. 1: The next morning I found all Desktop Icons turned to BLACK Icons. I said using Regedit is more quickly troubleshot the problem because it leave the last hierarchy of sections we've last used. So just after doing Steps #1 of above > the hierarchy sections of 29 is immediately shown > double-click 29 > to delete or remove %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 - press Backspace or Delete keys > press OK to finish it. Restart PC to find all Desktop Icons return back to normal -- all visible Desktop Icons.

Easy Fixing No. 2: Then after a week time I won't surprise I found all Desktop Icons are invisible or blank Icons again with their Icons named description only. to troubleshoot this and succeeding Black Icons problem which appears later -- I just did Steps #1 of above > the hierarchy sections of 29 is immediately shown > double-click 29 > this time I Copy & Paste %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 - > press OK to finish it. Restart PC to find all Desktop Icons return back to normal -- all visible normal Desktop Icons.

Now after a week time if I found BLACK Desktop Icons -- I just do Easy Fixing No. 1: otherwise if I found Desktop Icons turns Invisible or Blank -- I just do Easy Fixing No. 2 - repeated these 2 fixing solution alternating again and again.

Until UWT4 graphical application is being fixed with many others useful features I have to continues using Regedit.

Recycle is offline New Member

Starting to show that the support is lacking here.....

I request you to wait 2-3 days. I will be there for support.

@Recycle, Version 4.2.2 works fine on tested devices. Remove Shortcut Arrows tweak must work. Please check with Rino's post #228. Try manually adding that registry tweak.

IdahoTech is offline New Member

I have noticed this as well. Seems after the last update to 1607 I think it is the icons go black and all that is showing are the words and not the icons. Any time line when this might be fixed?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Recycle View Post
    Starting to show that the support is lacking here.....
    This is a freeware, so you need to have patience.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoTech View Post
    I have noticed this as well. Seems after the last update to 1607 I think it is the icons go black and all that is showing are the words and not the icons. Any time line when this might be fixed?
    It seems that it's a bug in Windows itself because it happens randomly and not always. I faced the issue of blank icons and only icon text visible but I don't think it's due to UWT because I had to reinstall Windows to get that fixed. Anyways, I'm looking in this matter.

Page 23 of 24 First ... 1321222324 Last