Page 24 of 31 First ... 142223242526 ... Last
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

lat227 is offline New Member

Default Ultimate Windows Tweaker

Hi.......I have been running Ultimate Windows Tweaker(4.2.2) on (5) of my Windows 10 machines running 1607 to just remove the desktop shortcut icons " arrows " without issue until one of my relatives loaded a new program on their machine which also created a desktop icon. At that point all the desktop icons turned white and removed their descriptions. After trying all the normal troubleshooting with nothing fixing the issue; I remembered I had used UWT4 on this machine also, so I had her bring up the program to restore the "arrows" and that also repaired the icons. WoW....I have not seen this on any other machine, but I'm not sure I've installed a new program after running UWT4. I guess I'm asking is this a real problem with this registry fix or a one time fluke? Has anyone else seen this issue?
    Thanks....Larry

Recycle is offline Beginner

Here's what I did and I think this is a bug in 4.2.2. I ran 4.2.2 from each account using the admin password and that prevented the missing icon or missing descriptions. As for removing the shortcuts I am still having issues with 4.2.2 on this and suspect this is also a bug that needs to be fixed. I used the Win7 and never had this problem.

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

@Larry, It could be a problem with some other program or maybe with Windows too since the problems are coming since version 1607. Let's wait for Creators update if it can fix the issue.

@Recycle, We're looking in this matter but you should know that UWT 4 works well on all versions except 1607. It could be some issue with that new update as well.

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    @Larry, It could be a problem with some other program or maybe with Windows too since the problems are coming since version 1607. Let's wait for Creators update if it can fix the issue.
    No it was happening before 1607..so it's not a new issue that I recall.

@Recycle, We're looking in this matter but you should know that UWT 4 works well on all versions except 1607. It could be some issue with that new update as well.
    Not from my usage it was happening before 1607 that I recall as well. The remove shortcut arrow doesn't work.

UPdate: I did attempt again to use it again to remove the "short cut" word and it seem to work but the shortcut link I created for Tweakui 4.2.2 showed no arrow but did have the word "shortcut" on it?

There's a separate option there in File Explorer tab to remove the word "shortcut".

There's a separate option there in File Explorer tab to remove the word "shortcut".
    That doesn't work like the version for Windows 7 if one chooses that options their icon become blank. So I restored my image and only use the option to remove icon shortcut arrow not the option to remove the word shortcut. So anyone using this on later Windows 10 update don't use "remove word shortcut" from your icons it will make them blank.

That doesn't work like the version for Windows 7 if one chooses that options their icon become blank. So I restored my image and only use the option to remove icon shortcut arrow not the option to remove the word shortcut. So anyone using this on later Windows 10 update don't use "remove word shortcut" from your icons it will make them blank.

Does removing that "-shortcut" suffix from shortcuts tweak used to work before Anniversary update if you tried?

skydiver is offline New Member

RE: Error in Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.2.2: On Context Menu / Desktop 2, I hit Restore Defaults and got a registry error: "Requested registry access is not allowed. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrewSecurityException(Exceptio nRestoreResource) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)."

Win10 Pro 64bit 1607

Thanks for the great app. Been using it since version 2.

Page 24 of 31 First ... 142223242526 ... Last