Page 28 of 31 First ... 182627282930 ... Last
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

parassidhu is online now Senior Member

@Rino, that's quite weird. Are you still experiencing the problem? Try turning off your Antivirus temporarily. Are you using x86 or x64?

Exostenza is offline New Member

Question regarding the disabling of telemetry with 4.2.3

I am running Windows 10 x64 1703 and originally disabled all telemetry with this program and noticed that my windows updates weren't coming through and when I clicked check for updates it would take like 10 minutes and usually find nothing. I decided to put the telemetry back to the default settings as they were in UWT and ran update again. I got a bunch of updates like a cumulative update, virus definition updates for windows defender and it also updated all of my MS office 2016 programs.

I am wondering what telemetry I can disable that tracks my regular computer usage as I believe it is completely unacceptable for them to be spying on my every action and selling the information to boot but does not interfere with windows update doing its job?

Thanks.

Rino is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by dbminter View Post
    It seems odd you're encountering this. I have a .REG file that RegEdit executes in StartUp to set the Registry key you mention each time Windows start. I didn't encounter the problem anymore with UWT.

When you say Windows Updates, what updates were installed that caused this? Cumulative Updates? Full blown new versions like Creators Update? Those are the only kinds of updates I'd expect that might reset anything that would have a bearing on your issue.
    What You Need to Know About Windows Update on Windows 10 or Copy & Paste the below link:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/223068/wha...-on-windows-10

For other's who want to view their Installed Updates and I found mine here:
    Control Panel > Programs & Features > View Installed Updates:
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Updates for Microsoft Windows KB3150513, KB4013418, KB3211320, KB3199986. KB3199209, KB3176936, KB3176037 & KB3176935, and Security Update for Adobe Flash Player.

I don't needs to updates those Updates you're asking me. My Windows 10 almost 2 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    Question regarding the disabling of telemetry with 4.2.3

I am running Windows 10 x64 1703 and originally disabled all telemetry with this program and noticed that my windows updates weren't coming through and when I clicked check for updates it would take like 10 minutes and usually find nothing. I decided to put the telemetry back to the default settings as they were in UWT and ran update again. I got a bunch of updates like a cumulative update, virus definition updates for windows defender and it also updated all of my MS office 2016 programs.

I am wondering what telemetry I can disable that tracks my regular computer usage as I believe it is completely unacceptable for them to be spying on my every action and selling the information to boot but does not interfere with windows update doing its job?

Thanks.
    Try ticking all the privacy options except "Disable Windows Update Sharing" and try if it works.

cherylk is offline New Member

Disable Full Row Select "disable" doesn't seem to work with the Windows 10 Tweaker APP, in fact it makes it worse (the rows are longer and not even a tiny space between rows). I use "list view" all the time and before the latest (Big) Windows 10 update, file select only selected to the end of file name, leaving lots of room for right clicking, drag and drop, compressing files. This is one massive pain in the arse, to say the least. I even tried uninstalling the latest (big) update, but this feature remained.. and with auto update, had updated the same day anyway. Has anyone else had this problem?... OR (more to the point) managed to fix it?..

Are you using the latest UWT 4.2.3?

cherylk is offline New Member

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.2.3, Yes.

poetman is offline New Member

Default icon arrows

With the latest Windows Update, icon arrows are back; how do I delete them? Where is option on Ultimate Tweaker?

Quite Weird. Can you check in Registry Editor? Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Advanced and check the value "FullRowSelect". Is it 0?

Recycle is offline Beginner

With the release of 4.2.3, I am going to try to see what the latest version can do to the remove "word" shortcut from my icons and will give my feedback.

Page 28 of 31 First ... 182627282930 ... Last