Page 3 of 27 First 1234513 ... Last
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

jbrush73 is offline New Member

After installing UWT4, when I try to run the Windows 10 Feedback app the app doesn't start and I get the following message:

"Some settings are managed by your organization"

I cannot restore my system to a time prior to installing UWT4 because system protection was turned off. Not sure how that happened.

I didn't believe UWT4 was the problem so I ran it on another Win10 PC. The same thing happened, and once again system protection was turned off and I cannot restore to a previous time.

Anybody else having this problem?

. . . John

parassidhu is offline Windows Enthusiast

@Juanny Oh.. can you please check under "Security Settings" if "Disable Defender" is checked or not. If yes, uncheck it and "Apply". Was Windows Defender working good before? Do you also have some other AV?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrush73 View Post
    After installing UWT4, when I try to run the Windows 10 Feedback app the app doesn't start and I get the following message:

"Some settings are managed by your organization"

I cannot restore my system to a time prior to installing UWT4 because system protection was turned off. Not sure how that happened.

I didn't believe UWT4 was the problem so I ran it on another Win10 PC. The same thing happened, and once again system protection was turned off and I cannot restore to a previous time.

Anybody else having this problem?

. . . John
    Well, it's a bug. Thanks for reporting. I checked it and its confirmed that UWT 4 mistakenly does it. We'll solve it soon in a future version. Till then, the workaround is to open Registry Editor and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows\DataCollection

There's a value in right hand side, AllowTelemetry. Just delete it and the problem goes away instantly.

Juanny is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    @Juanny Oh.. can you please check under "Security Settings" if "Disable Defender" is checked or not. If yes, uncheck it and "Apply". Was Windows Defender working good before? Do you also have some other AV?
    Disable Windows Defender is UNCHECKED-after tinkering with it i fixed it-Somehow checking Application Telemetry under Privacy turns off windows defender big time-when i tried to enable manually it was telling me that windows defender service was not in a condition to start so when windows update attempted to download and install virus definition it failed. After unchecking Application Telemetry and rebooting the tweak was reversed and windows defender was functional again, I found an alternate way of disabling windows defender telemetry by disabling it through gpedit.msc without throwing windows update in a loop. That way if needed i can easily turn it back on without a reboot.
    Last edited by Juanny; 27th August 2015 at 04:30.

jbrush73 is offline New Member

Thanks. Removing "AllowTelemetry" did indeed fix it instantly. I look forward to future releases of UWT4.

SHERIFA is offline New Member

Thanks for answering my question and the future versions of the software on post #16.

Regarding the post above a little fix - "We look forward to future releases of UWT4".

R1k
    R1k is offline New Member

What does the program changes when we tick the options to remove folders from "This PC"?

From what i've seen it doesn't change any registry key, must be something else...

It's registry trick

R1k
    R1k is offline New Member

which one?

Page 3 of 27 First 1234513 ... Last