Page 30 of 31 First ... 2028293031 Last
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aapjuh View Post
    Hi,

TWC 4.2.3 won't restart explorer.exe for me after applying tweaks, also "check for updates" in the about section says TWC 4.2.2 is newer

-Win 10 64 pro
    Hello,

Please make sure following checkbox is checked under "Additional"->"Restart Explorer After Applying Settings".

We fixed this problem. Now you won't get that 4.2.2 is latest instead that you're on the latest version.

Recycle is offline Beginner

Ok, new development not sure if this was there before or if the problem was there and I didn't see it. But after installing and using Tweakui for Removing Shortcut arrow and Remove word "shortcut" from icon. But if I created a shortcut in the Limited user account the word "shortcut" on the icon isn't gone but there but on the admin account there is no word "shortcut". Is this something that tweakui missing for Limited user accounts when applying Tweakui 4.2.3 settings?

Hi,

I checked this tweak and it seems it applies it for current user only. Does it also remove shortcut text when applied in limited user account? We're preparing a big update scheduled to release this month. I will fix it in new release.

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    Hi,
    I checked this tweak and it seems it applies it for current user only. Does it also remove shortcut text when applied in limited user account? We're preparing a big update scheduled to release this month. I will fix it in new release.
    No, when I applied it the current user (Owner/Admin) it worked but when I went and created shortcut to Excel and Word in the limited user account it created the word "shortcut to Word" and "shortcut to Excel" below each icon. I had to manually delete those extra words. I don't recall seeing this as on my own Desktop I didn't create such shortcuts on the limited user account so I most likely didn't notice this would happen until I formatted and reinstalled Windows 10 and MS Office onto my brother laptops and then when I created those shortcut in the Limited user account that is when I saw it after creating the shortcuts. Also I like to add that if you update to Windows Creator it wipe clean the tweaks one make but I have no idea what else Creator screws up as well. I know this because I tested it loading Creator and found it removed the "shortcut arrow" tweakui had set in place and possible the "remove shortcut word" was also removed as well. So if you could do the latest update where Windows Creator wouldn't screw up my setting as it doesn't tell me what it changed when the Creator update was applied. I since restored my system and will not update to Creator as that was a total crapshoot and caused more problems then they said it was to fix.
    Last edited by Recycle; 6th July 2017 at 23:53. Reason: revise

If you want to retain settings, export the tweaks from Additional->Export Tweaks just before the update and then after update import those tweaks. Hope this helps if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    If you want to retain settings, export the tweaks from Additional->Export Tweaks just before the update and then after update import those tweaks. Hope this helps if needed.
    I try to remember that..but what Creator did was probably more damage then it helped because my Sound Blaster Z driver was all screwed up when updating to Creator as well. So I think it did more damage then it was suppose to help.

Ok yeah if this causes trouble, rolling back probably is the best idea. I am too encountering many problems such as slow startup. But lets hope the next update fixed the issues

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.3 is now released and comes with Search functionality and 18 new features and tweaks. Full Changelog in About -> Changelog. Download =>

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.3 adds Search functionality and more

Since there were way too many suggestions/bug reports/feature requests, I probably couldn't fix everything but I've taken care of most of them. Thank you for support.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

abc_sk2002 is offline New Member

Default version 4.3

Not able to use it. AVG blocks it saying that it contains malware. The earlier version 4.2.3 is running without any issue.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You will have to add it to AVG exclusion list if you want to use it.

Page 30 of 31 First ... 2028293031 Last