Page 31 of 31 First ... 21293031
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Such false positives occur because it's newly released version and not yet in the library of AVs.

Terrypin is offline New Member

Default UTW setting does not 'stick'

I'm trying to get rid of the annoying UAC messages that have returned following a major Win 10 update. (I'm pretty sure I previously had the UAC settings at the one above lowest.)

I followed a recommendation to install Ultimate Windows Twaeker (UTW) and disable the option "Enable Detection of Application Installation and prompt for elevation" . But that refuses to 'stick'. It's back as soon as UWT is re-opened, whether or not there's a PC reboot.

So, two questions please:

Q1: Why doesn't it stick, or how dor I get it to do so?

Q2: If I can get it to stick, will it solve the pesky messages issue (without reducing security to the lowest of the four settings)?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Recycle is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Terrypin View Post
    I'm trying to get rid of the annoying UAC messages that have returned following a major Win 10 update. (I'm pretty sure I previously had the UAC settings at the one above lowest.)
    I followed a recommendation to install Ultimate Windows Twaeker (UTW) and disable the option "Enable Detection of Application Installation and prompt for elevation" . But that refuses to 'stick'. It's back as soon as UWT is re-opened, whether or not there's a PC reboot.
    So, two questions please:
    Q1: Why doesn't it stick, or how dor I get it to do so?
    Q2: If I can get it to stick, will it solve the pesky messages issue (without reducing security to the lowest of the four settings)?
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    What version of UTW are you using? I have 4.2.3 and have no issue with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Defender. So you need to provide more background here. And if your not using a A/V or Windows firewall that might be your problem as well and which Windows 10 version are you using?

Claw is offline New Member

Default Default Settings

Are the tweaks checked by default in UWT 4 enough to work for someone who doesn't want to over tweak ? Thanks.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Are the tweaks checked by default in UWT 4 enough to work for someone who doesn't want to over tweak ? Thanks.
    The one's which are pre-checked indicate the current state of your computer settings. Any new check boxes you select will add those tweaks to your system.
    Claw likes this.

Page 31 of 31 First ... 21293031