Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

pctek is offline New Member

Default Win10 1607

The Tweaker is not working, I selected Disable updates, in fact I have disabled everywhere, Services, registry amendments, task scheduler, group policy, the lot.
    It still continues to run an update.

epicfail77 is offline New Member

Default Disable Automatic Update no longer working

I checked the box for Disable Automatic Updates, applied the change and restarted my PC for it to take effect. Twice now after doing so I received updates (the first one was a couple weeks ago which gave me the Creators Update and those issues for gaming) and just now I got a second update. When I reapplied the tweak I opened UWT and it showed that it was checked. However when I got todays update I opened it up and it is unchecked. I think MS has something in the OS now that checks for that tweak and disables it. I could be paranoid though.

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Hi,

Yes Microsoft seems to be reenabling disabled service. We’re looking into the issue and will update the tweaker accordingly.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

samsoon is offline New Member

Removing "-Shortcut to" text appended to shortcuts doesn't work here. I'm on Fall Creators Update (ver. 1709).

I have manually edited registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\link (it's set to 00 00 00 00 now), to no avail.

Shortcuts are created with the appended text no matter what.

Just FYI, I'm using a Spanish (es/es) version of Windows 10. I've spent some 10 years on Linux and now I'm back to Windows, so I don't know if this behaviour has been like that before. I do remember, though, that it worked perfectly in Windows XP and, if I remember well, Windwos 7 too.

samsoon is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by samsoon View Post
    Removing "-Shortcut to" text appended to shortcuts doesn't work here. I'm on Fall Creators Update (ver. 1709).

I have manually edited registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\link (it's set to 00 00 00 00 now), to no avail.

Shortcuts are created with the appended text no matter what.

Just FYI, I'm using a Spanish (es/es) version of Windows 10. I've spent some 10 years on Linux and now I'm back to Windows, so I don't know if this behaviour has been like that before. I do remember, though, that it worked perfectly in Windows XP and, if I remember well, Windwos 7 too.

[Sorry I don't know how to edit my post.] I can confirm now that using the above registry key, then killing Explorer and starting it back did the trick. UWT4, however, still doesn't work for this particular setting.

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by samsoon View Post
    [Sorry I don't know how to edit my post.] I can confirm now that using the above registry key, then killing Explorer and starting it back did the trick. UWT4, however, still doesn't work for this particular setting.
    I have tested it on my Windows 10 x64 but it seems to work fine. Can you confirm UWT applies the same value to "link" as you applied manually?

jnelson is offline New Member

Question Latest version not working?

I just downloaded version 4.4 and trying to use it on 1709 (Build 16299.12) and each time I attempt to open the program I get a message from Windows "Ultimate Windows tweaker 4.4 has stopped working" I have paused my A/V and that still does not allow the program to load.

bakshj is offline New Member

Default "The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception"

Running Windows 10 1709 ( build 16299.125b) UWT 4.4 does not launch. Checked event viewer, error: : "The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception"
    Issue is occurring on both virtual and physical windows 10 machines.

RossAu42 is offline New Member

Just downloaded version 4.4. Trying to run on Windows 10 1709 16299.125. The program does not run. Event viewer shows: System.InvalidOperationException

SantosVZ is offline New Member

Default Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.4

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.4 does not work on HP Notebook Windows 10 Home 64 bits
    Version 1709 Compilation 16299.192
    Version 4.3 if it works.
    Why?

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast