Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Feedback: 10AppsManager for Windows 10

  1. #11
    Reivilo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default Disappointment about the Powershell command

    Hi,
    I used 10APPSMANAGER to remove apps. It did not shw any sign of havig removed them
    Then as I lost acces to Mail, I used the powershell command proposed. It did not restore Mail, it deleted Microsoft Solitaire collection, and it added 22 stange apps to the list, that do not open. They all start with @{Microsoft-... and are obviously the apps that should have been reinstaled (but I cannot attach a screen capture here) but non functional.
    Any possibility to get out of that mess ?

  2. #12
    mikes is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Got this error multiple times

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    Merge Failure : error 0x80070003 : Cannot register the Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2.0_x86__8wekyb3d8b bwe package
    because there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2 .0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 4a596685-6bed-0001-25c9-5b4aed6bd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 4a596685-6bed-0001-25c9-5b4aed6bd101
    At line:1 char:53
    + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageMana ger.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

  3. #13
    lavishT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reivilo View Post
    Hi,
    I used 10APPSMANAGER to remove apps. It did not shw any sign of havig removed them
    Then as I lost acces to Mail, I used the powershell command proposed. It did not restore Mail, it deleted Microsoft Solitaire collection, and it added 22 stange apps to the list, that do not open. They all start with @{Microsoft-... and are obviously the apps that should have been reinstaled (but I cannot attach a screen capture here) but non functional.
    Any possibility to get out of that mess ?
    Please use a system restore point to revert back till I look into the issue.

  4. #14
    lavishT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikes View Post
    Got this error multiple times

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    Merge Failure : error 0x80070003 : Cannot register the Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2.0_x86__8wekyb3d8b bwe package
    because there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.27.2 .0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 4a596685-6bed-0001-25c9-5b4aed6bd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 4a596685-6bed-0001-25c9-5b4aed6bd101
    At line:1 char:53
    + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageMana ger.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand
    Please use the following powershell command to re install the apps:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

    And enter this command into powershell by running as an administrator.

  5. #15
    Reivilo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lavishT View Post
    Please use the following powershell command to re install the apps:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml}

    And enter this command into powershell by running as an administrator.
    OK, I tried it. But I have very many error messages "Impossible to register the package". I cannot send screenshots as this goes too fast. It did not cure the problem of 22 additional apps @{Microsoft....

    Additionally, the previous batch procedure stopped my LibreOffice to run normally from the icon. It starts when I open it from a document. Fatal error message "This programme cannot be started, A general error occurred while accessing your central configuration ("Service not supplied")."
    Also, the colours changed and very often now the text is the same color as the background, so inothing is legible.
    A pure catastrophe !
    I had to create a new account, whch wrks marginally better. I might have to reinitialise my tablet !

  6. #16
    NMoorty is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    [QUOTE=lavishT;174709]Hi, please try the following link:


    The Microsoft link you have provided says "This topic 'Reinstalling preinstalled apps' is no longer available."

    I think the main reason (common to all the red-print error messages) is "Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist."

    Could you please tell us a work around.

  7. #17
    NMoorty is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I just put in the reinstall command again in the powershell and I get the following error statement:

    "ForEach-Object : Cannot bind parameter 'RemainingScripts'. Cannot convert the "Get-AppxPackage" value of type
    "System.String" to type "System.Management.Automation.ScriptBlock".
    At line:1 char:28
    + ... -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Registe ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [ForEach-Object], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,Microsoft.PowerShel l.Commands.ForEachObjectCommand"
    Could you please give us a better solution?

  8. #18
    jason49mac is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Tried this as all the other links even from MS failed.
    My Solitaire Collection was working up unyil last night, then the Start Menu item does nothing.
    Couldn't even found the App Store anywhere in Windows 10.

    Will roll back the system restore and leave until I can reboot [middle of sending home vid to family abroad ]

    Not sure how much worked as it all seemed to fail continuously with the following messages:

    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    error 0x80070002: Windows cannot register the package because of an internal error or low memory.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] fc810d41-9985-0002-8cae-82fc8599d101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID fc810d41-9985-0002-8cae-82fc8599d101
    At line:1 char:37
    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageMana ger.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

  9. #19
    error is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi, I lost all the apps. So, I run 10appsmanger. I get as result a short message saying: Get-AppxPackage : Access denied.

    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopme ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: ( [Get-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windo ws.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetApp
    xPackageCommand

    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

    I have no idea what to do.

  10. #20
    britespark is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hi, apologies if this is a silly question but I find the Reinstall feature a tad confusing. Seems it does not allow for reinstalling a specific app, clicking on an app's icon in the interface merely provides the option to uninstall. So my question is this - what happens when you click the Reinstall button, does the software then identify any missing apps and reinstall all of them?

    TIA.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22