Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support: FixWin 10 for Windows 10

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Hi,
    Are you running it in Administrator mode or from admin account? Such errors occur when program doesn't have proper rights to run.

oss1oss1 is offline New Member

Default Blank Icon

My computer has this issue of blank icon
    I used FixWin10 additional fixes to "fix corrupted desktop icons fix and rebuild corrupted icon cache".

But I received this message:

"Could not find file 'C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\IconCache.db'.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.DeleteFile Internal (string file, UIOptionInternal show UI, RecycleOption recycle, UICancelOption on User Cancel)
    at FixWin.Main_Form. Fix Corrupted DesktopIcons_click (object sender, eventArgs e)

Please report this to The Window Club!."

Please advise any suggestion how to solve the blank icon and also missing 'C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\IconCache.db
    Thanks

Hi,
    Until we fix this bug. You can click the "?" button in front of the given fix. It will provide you manual instructions to solve the problem. You will have to delete the IconCache.db file.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

olHip is offline New Member

This software tells me when I run the DISM tool that it can not find the source file. Can you please help me with this. I can't update anything because the Firewall will not turn on.

John10 is offline New Member

Hi Guys
    I'm new here and not very expert on computers. I have a reoccurring problem concerning 'Windows Script Host.' The full message I'm sure you know is; access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator. Well I'm my administrator and after contacting me I've come up with a big fat zero. I have followed instructions and enabled it three times. For the remainder of those sessions it worked without that Window Script Host opening, but after logging off and on again the following day, it was back again. Any ideas guys?

John Golby is offline New Member

Default Help/Info for FixWin10... please.

Hi to all,
    I downloaded FixWin 10 and have to say it really packs some great tools, within the first time of using it I was able to straighten out my Windows Media Player so I'm well pleased.
    What I can't get working is creating a restore point - it just doesn't work. It's not that big a deal as I can manually create one by running Malwarebytes JRT but was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Can you download our Quick Restore Maker 4 and try and check if it creates restore point? Download:Quick Restore Maker: Create a System Restore Point in 1-click

Page 3 of 3 First 123