Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support: FixWin 10 for Windows 10

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Feedback & Support: FixWin 10 for Windows 10

We are pleased to release FixWin 10. FixWin for Windows 10 is a portable freeware that allows you to fix and repair Windows 10 problems, issues and annoyances.

FixWin 10 for Windows 10, has been developed Paras Sidhu, for The Windows Club. It has been tested on Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Some security software may give out false positives, but rest assured that it is clean: Jotti Scan | VirusTotal Scan.

If you have any feedback to give, you may do so here. Paras will be happy to help you out.

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default FixWin 10 disaster

I have used Windows Club's new utility, FixWin 10 featured in the magazine Computer Active. At present it has been a disaster. I tried the function to Re-Register Store Apps to see if it would cure a badly corrupted Calendar. It made a partial improvement but I soon found it had completely disabled a number of Apps, mainly key ones such as Store, People, Photos, Camera, Film & TV, Groove, plus others.

I am now trying to see what I can repair, with very limited tech expertise. It looks like it may be possible to re-install one or two from the online Windows Store, but not others. The fact that Store itself has gone makes things worse. I had set a restore point from FixWin and had others. I have used four without success. I get an error report saying restore has not been completely successful.

When using Re-Register Store Apps about half of the read-out displayed is in red and there are references to various errors.

Can someone help with this, please?

parassidhu is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hi,

Do you have Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511) installed on your PC? There's a bug in the November Update which causes apps not to work after using re-register feature.

Tony Burke is offline New Member

Default FixWin Restore Point

I have FixWin on Windows 10 Home (with November Update). When I click 'Create Restore Point' FixWin says restore Point has been created - but the Restore Point does not appear in System Restore and does not seem to have been created.

Hi Tony,
    Can you manually create restore point? If so, create one and then try creating using FixWin. This may help us troubleshoot further.

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    Hi Tony,
    Can you manually create restore point? If so, create one and then try creating using FixWin. This may help us troubleshoot further.
    Yes - I can manually create restore point - also Windows Update creates restore point. FixWin goes through the process - "The restore point is being created ....you will be notified etc." then "restore point has been created" - but the restore point does not appear.
    P.S. The above happened twice - but at the third attempt the FixWin restore point appeared!!
    Very strange

Thanks for the feedback. We'll change the method for creating restore point in next version.

rogerocket is offline New Member

Default FixWin10 - where is the download link?

Found an article in Web User Issue 384 under "Best free software" for FixWin10 . On trying to download from bit.ly/fixwin384 (as supplied in the article) it seems that the program has been got at by TweakBit offering another program and free pc scan etc. I am unable to find a simple link to this download. Anyone know where the link is?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rogerocket View Post
    Found an article in Web User Issue 384 under "Best free software" for FixWin10 . On trying to download from bit.ly/fixwin384 (as supplied in the article) it seems that the program has been got at by TweakBit offering another program and free pc scan etc. I am unable to find a simple link to this download. Anyone know where the link is?
    Click on the blue download button on the home page. Anyway, click here now: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/downloading-fixwin-10

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll change the method for creating restore point in next version.
    I am now getting 'unhandled exception' when I try to create restore point - I think I'll give up on FixWin

Page 1 of 3 123 Last