Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Hello there!

You said you are able to ping to default gateway right? In your router does it detect the internet connection? Say some routers will have a light it detects it internet connection is active. Did you check once with AT&T to make sure you have a active internet connection?

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by atlsud View Post
    When the problem desktop is connected to the DDWRT router, I can ping the router but not the default gatewary (ATT modem). I had a laptop also connected (wired) to the same DDWRT router at the same time and was able to access the internet without issue.
    So let me know sure I understand you correctly. Desktop cannot ping the default gateway also cannot connect to internet.

Laptop - Wireless - Can connect to internet without any issues

Am I correct? If so the problem might be Default gateway. If you use 192.168.1.254 on the Desktop from a browser does it connect to ATT modem?

jaylach is offline Windows Enthusiast

I have doubts that it will help in this case but try setting your DNS to Open DNS. Since you have changed DNS address at least you will know that you have good addresses. Actually I recommend using Open DNS instead of an ISP DNS anyway.

Open DNS addresses:
    and

Open DNS:
    http://www.opendns.com/?__utma=80776...utmk=166958775
    Last edited by jaylach; 9th July 2014 at 22:56.

atlsud is offline New Member

Reviving an older issue. Just getting back to this unresolved problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Does anything here help?
    ww.thewindowsclub.com/fix-dns-server-not-responding-on-windows-7]FIX: DNS Server is not responding on Windows 7 | 8
    Tried that several times with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Jack
    So let me know sure I understand you correctly. Desktop cannot ping the default gateway also cannot connect to internet.

Laptop - Wireless - Can connect to internet without any issues

Am I correct? If so the problem might be Default gateway. If you use 192.168.1.254 on the Desktop from a browser does it connect to ATT modem?
    Correct, when connected to the repeater (ddwrt router) the desktop can communicate the repeater (ddwrt router) but it cannot ping the ATT router via the repeater.

When I connect the desktop directly to the ATT modem/router I can communicate with the ATT router and access the internet.

I can access the internet via the repeater (ddwrt router) with the laptop (wired). I also have the desktop wired to the repeater (ddwrt router) at the same time and I cannot access the internet with the desktop.

Any ideas?

Ndtechsos is offline New Member

Default Dns server is not responding, tried one solution already

Hello to the wonderful people who shall finally help me fix my issue,

My internet connection constantly shows limited for my Windows 8 Lenovo G500s series laptop. I went through these threads steps (FIX: DNS Server is not responding on Windows 7 / 8), and still, the problem persists. I did skip a few steps,

3.Now you have to enter the same DNS address in Router configuration as well refer the router manual for more information.

4.Try to Install and Configure OpenDNS and see if that helps

, due to being clueless about how to achieve them. I need specific help, please, on how to solve this annoying issue.

Update: I did a troubleshoot after following the steps from that thread and it says "Problem found: Windows can't communicate with the device or resources (primary DNS server)"

Thank you greatly

Sendall is offline New Member

Default DNS Server isn't responding

When I arrived back at uni this afternoon I discovered my PC would not connect to the Internet and this is the problem that comes up. I've checked over the Internet and none of the "fixes" have worked so far. Any help appreciated.

hackerman1 is offline Moderator

We need more information.
    How are you connected to internet ?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

hakson52 is offline New Member

Default DNS server not responding error on Windows 10 PC

Somebody please help me with this! I have windows 10 on my PC. Suddenly, the DNS server is not responding error is popping up and I'm without an internet connection. The internet is working fine on the other devises on the network. I've tried basically all the fixes shown on the internet which include changing the dns server addresses in IPv4 etc
    Anybody knows how to fix this and get my internet back?

Thanks in advance,

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last