Tantalid is offline Beginner

Default Desktop icons missing in Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 about a week ago now, and on boot, everything loads with no big deal except the desktop icons. None... The Taskbar is fine and the notification icons are as well..... BUT..... When I click for the RIGHT Mouse button menu... they come right up (along with the menu, of course). I have made sure the "Show Desktop Icons" option is checked, and even did an Icon Cache refresh..... they are still MIA...... SO........ Any replies/help in figuring this out would be appreciated.. Many Thanks ahead of time and a Happy New Year,,,,

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You say you have ensured that Show desktop icons from the desktop right click context menu > View is checked.

Flip to the Tablet mode and back. See if it helps. You will get the settings in Settings > Settings > Tablet Mode.

earthman is offline New Member

Default IconCache error

Received following message. Said to contact someone at WC.

Could not find file C:\Users\mitch\AppData\Local\IconCache.db'.at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.DeleteFileInterna l(String file, UIOptionInternal showUI, RecycleOption recycle, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at FixWin.Main_Form.FixCorruptedDesktopIcons_Click(Ob ject sender, EventArgs e)

vasudev is offline Moderator

Have you tried rebuilding icon cache? try this & see if it helps Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

Joan333 is offline New Member

I'm not familiar with the use of Windows 10 and I have encountered similar problems.