sew333 is offline New Member

Default Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS from USB to HDD.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro.

Few days ago after i finished testing my ram in memtest86 ( bootable from USB ) , i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.

After this Windows 10 was showing at 1 boot Automatic Repair.

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "Preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.

Then after this i get screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc.

And the interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows. After screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc i was able to boot Windows 10 properly.

So i formatted disk and all is fine after format ,and windows 10 booting fine.

But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram or other hardware.

Also :

On my old laptop with Windows 10 Pro i made the same operation, i change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

Weird that pc was needed to be formatted, when on laptop not, because Automatic repair on laptop happened once after changing boot in bios from USB to HDD and no more happened on next Windows 10 Pro boots.

Any ideas? Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Ah my primary pc :
    2x8gb DDR3 Hyperx 1600mhz
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2

second pc is an old laptop with 2gb ram

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Does changing boot in UEFI BIOS back from SSD to USB help?

See if something here Windows fails to boot; Automatic Repair also fails helps you.

Yes changing from SSD to USB help, yes. So it is related to my hardware or its a software bios problem?

So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.
    [IMG]s8.postimg.org/7lqkyhl8l/03_140515103027.jpg[/IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.