Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arun Kumar

Thread: Cannot get access to my Windows 10 PC

MikeSA is offline New Member

Default Cannot get access to my Windows 10 PC

Can someone in this Forum please help me as a matter of urgency? THIS IS A REAL EMERGENCY!!! (I posted my problem on Microsoft Community and did exactly as instructed by a software engineer but in vain).. Briefly, the situation is as follows:

Because of problems with Windows Live Mail (which still remains unresolved on Microsoft Community), I decided to restore my PC to an earlier restore point. But now I simply cannot get into my PC.

When I switch on, now my email address is shown below my name and I am asked to enter my sign-in information. But when I enter my password, I get this message: "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device".

The only password that I have last used was the password for my email address but it is not being accepted and I get the same messages over and over again. So what is Windows on about? How am I supposed to be connected if I can"t even get into my PC?

Using another PC, I even changed my password but that made no difference. The same error keeps coming up repeatedly. Online, my Outlook email account works fine with the new password, so why is it not working with Windows Live Mail on my desktop?

I need to complete important legal assignments and I need access to my PC right now. Can someone please help?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

There are a few suggestions here. Pls see if any help you. - Your device is offline.

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

Undoing the restore can help temporarily. Do the following and see if it works:

Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power Power icon > Restart.

After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

After your PC restarts, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Go to System restore and undo the previous operation. Let us know if it worked.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Arun : Thank you so much. YOU ARE A GENIUS!

I did exactly as instructed and its fixed the problem. I now have full access to my PC again. However. there are still problems with Windows Live Mail and I will post in this regard shortly. Once again, thank you so much.

stuartray is offline New Member

Can u Post the specs of the PC

Sure, it's a newly-built PC and the specs are as follows:
    Wibtek H61-MPCI Motherboard, Intel 630 Processor, 4GB Ram, 500GB Hard Drive, Pioneer DVD Drive and running Windows 10.

simon2 is offline New Member

You'd better have a password bypass tool (for example, PCUnlocker, Ophcrack, Ubuntu) at hand. In case you're locked out, you can still get the past the login screen and regain access to your computer for emergency use.