paulkruger is offline New Member

Unhappy Windows 10 Upgrade installation woes

I have tried over and over and cannot upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro.

The Upgrade App says system is compatible but it will download files for ever and nothing happens.

I got the manual install file from Microsoft and that app says my CPU is not compatible (NX) however I run utility corinfo and it says NX is supported. Bios also says no hyperthreading but coreinfo says it is enabled so I am really confused. Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHZ CPU

I tried the usb flash drive method. It boots and runs but when I chose to keep existing programs and files it says to remove the media and reboot normally and put the media back it....did that....nothing happens to resume setup.

It offers a clean install options which I would not mind except that without a purchased key from MS it won't help and won't install as a free upgrade....assuming that option actually would work (which I don't want to chance).

Am I basically at the end and must keep Windows 7 until this machine dies?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder and then try to upgrade. I have posted relevant links in your other post.

Do you get any error? See this.

Also see: Unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

Hope something helps.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder and then try to upgrade. I have posted relevant links in your other post.

Do you get any error? See this.

Also see: Unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

Hope something helps.