krazykat Guest

Default Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser will not start manually

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum. Let me know if I should post in a forum

I have Windows 7 PRO (64bit) and cannot find a way to make an update to the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser.

What I have done:

Downloaded and installed KB3035583. I have the windows (flag /) icon in my task tray and successfully ran the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser. A last report was generated on 5/26/2016 saying my PC (a desktop) was compatible and there was one software program that needed to be removed.

The software program is an “ older” copy of Acronis Home backup. I updated the Acronis program to a new version, and verified the new version works and makes backups.

I have followed The Windows Club posting:

How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser - How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

My command prompt screen matched the command prompt screen shown in the post, so I believe the command I sent was accepted.

THE PROBLEM: It has now been over 4 hours and a check of the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser report shows no change. Text of report is the same; Acronis software still flagged as a problem and the report was still dated 5/26/2016.

What am I doing wrong? I have added some other programs since the 5/26/2016 report date. I need to have a current dated report showing the compatibility status, so if there incompatibilities I can make changes or remove the offending hardware/software. I would like a “clean” compatibility report before I do the upgrade.

Is there a way to manually start the Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser and generate a current dated report?

Thanks for your help

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I have no idea why this is happening, but if you were to go in for the Windows 10 upgrade, those programs that are incompatible would be disabled. Since your hardware does not seem to be the issue, your upgrade should go smoothly.

You can also manually check if your OEM computer is ready for Windows 10 by seeing thier lists.