shughk is offline New Member

Unhappy Windows 10 Upgrade Black Screen

Hello all!

First of all, I have gone through and followed the steps on the following article:

Fix: Windows 10 Black Screen problems.

I managed to get back into Windows on the laptops I've been working on, but after a few moments into the startup process, it will revert right back to thinking there is a secondary monitor. The laptops I've been working with (all Dell Latitudes) all have onboard video and no installed video cards.

I'm going crazy here! Anyone have any other suggestions by chance? I really appreciate it, thanks a bunch!

Matrix is offline Senior Member

From this site >>> See if the display is set to some other device. From Control Panel, select Display. In left side of Display window, select Project to a Second Display. A sidebar will appear towards right and show you list of displays connected to the computer (see image below). Check to see if the correct display is selected.

digdarshan is offline New Member

Lightbulb

I have had this problem once with my friend's laptop. When I connected the laptop with second monitor, I found out that the culprit was the graphics drivers. Do check any video card driver that you have installed and make sure you install only that driver which is supported for Windows 10.

shughk is offline New Member

Checking both answers out now, I'll post something back! Thanks!