Jirka is offline New Member

Default Media Creation Tool disappears half way in Windows 10

I tried to create Windows 10 media twice and in both cases somewhere between 52 and 60 percent media tool window disappeared. Computer continued download, downloaded around 3.2GB than stops. USB drive is empty, there is nothing on desktop.

I suppose files are somewhere on my computer but I do not know where or how to use them if I did. If I restart media tool, it just starts the download again.

I am using satellite internet connection. Although my speed is 5Mb, these downloads were running at approximately 300kb, it took 25 hours to download. It also took out big chunk of my 10GB monthly allowance.

Any suggestions?
    Thank you.
    Jirka

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

Check if it has been quarantined and moved. Disable your antivirus software and then download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website.

Let us know if this helps.

Jirka is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Check if it has been quarantined and moved. Disable your antivirus software and then download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website.

Let us know if this helps.
    I did not find any trace of download from previous tries. I had to wait till now to find 30 hour window for another try. I disabled AVAST and ad blocking software then I started download aiming it to create ISO file on local hard disk. Result was exactly same, when it reached approximately 55% after 15 hours blue window of Media Creation Tool disappeared while computer continued downloading. When it stopped there was no ISO file, but there was a Windows.iso shortcut containing 5kb and pointing nowhere. I guess that is it for my involvement with WINDOWS 10. After all what kind of operating system it could be, written by people who cannot write simple program to download a file.
    Jirka