quadroval is offline New Member

Question MS Keyboard Layout Creator: Error on restart wininit.exe 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi,

Recently I have create my custom layout (by changing a few items in existing standard keyboard) using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. Then I pressed Project / Build dll and setup package - so I created installer, then clicked on setup and installed a layout. It works perfectly the way I expected but the problem is:

After installing a layout my reboot process becomes to take more time, I checked up event logs and found this

"Application popup: wininit.exe - Bad Image : C:\WINDOWS\system32\UkrQuad.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000428. "

UkrQuad.dll is dll automatically installed by layout setup.

-------------------
    http__://prntscr.com/br2wao (screenshot)
    -------------------

The time increases for about 36 seconds.

Of course there is no malware on my pc and I'm using the latest win10 updates (build 10586.420). I even tried installing this layout on clear virtual machine with windows 10, the same error occured although time consumption was about 10 seconds, but the text of the error in event viewer was the same.

Interesting thing that pc reboots fine with no blue screens and layout also works fine, but this error still annoys me.

Could anybody help?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator works with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and requires .NET Framework 2.0.

It is not known to work properly with Windows 8 and Windows 10.