frondizi is offline New Member

Default Hard to solve black screen problem

Hi, my name is Dimitri,
    i recently discovered the Windows Club while i was doing a deep search on line to solve the block on Windows 10 Pro, on my pc.
    I have already done a chat with a Microsoft Italy technician (first level, free tech assistance) to try to access again to windows 10 but the problem have not been solved... she thought that i could have problems with my video card (ATI Radeon HD 5450) or related possible problematic driver.

this is the scenario: i installed windows 10 Pro , last winter, after to have upgraded the pc with new processor, motherboard and a SSD main hard disk, and it was an update S.O. after to have installed for just a day Windows 7 .
    Since that installation, some months ago i started to get from time to time some blue screens (one of them was concerning with a system file missing , FLTR or some name including this) but at reboot Windows started correctly. Before blue screen the screen showed a kind of quick flash (or scrumbled image, i don't know how to describe it) and so it let me think actually to something originating the video card...
    Some time ago i discovered in the ATI website that they stopped to release drivers for my model of video card and the last stable should be that of March 2016.

i had installed also an IObit tool , Driver Booster Pro, that usually find and let you know if the drivers on your pc are obsolete: my hypothesis is this block could be also caused by an installation of a slightly newer driver that ATI gives as compatible with Windows 10 but perhaps is a beta version. However the last driver version installed didn't give signs of unstability or problems just after the installation else the tool in pro version allows to do a roll-back to precedent driver.

About one week ago i did a mistake , reverting Mozilla Firefox to the default settings , so as i was used in the past under Windows 7, i trusted in the quick solution of the function of restore the system to a precedent restore point (sorry for the possible bad translation but i have the system in Italian so i have to guess how is named in English) and at the reboot started the "system disaster". The system failed to restore to a precedent point because of errors and then started the black screen before the log in screen: at the reboot appeared the two black windows with the blue windows logo and after those the screen turns from almost black to completely black and is not possible to do nothing except reboot or force a shutdown by the buttons on the case.

As i had created previously both a restore DVD and installation DVD of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (also in the notebook is the same version) i tried to restore windows 10 but i got this error (in Italy seems to be not so known, by the way) : 0x8007051a
    i wasn't able to solve the problem using other advanced section restore methods and with the help of Microsoft technician on chat i was at least able to enable the F8 key to access the menu with various safe modes but for a strange reason i'm not able to enter even a Safe mode or the suggested Safe mode with network , start with a low resolution screen ...
    i tried also some commands by command prompt advanced restore method but i don't know if i have done all what you can do before to choose the complete reset of the system. So i would ask your help to follow a step by step to try to restore the system, basing on my specific problem.
    I have already done a backup (by a bootable backup program disk) of several system folders in which i will find again mozilla thunderbird email profiles and archives , and all my data (desktop and so on...) so i think to be ready to do the reset and the long work to install again all my programs but i'm waiting to do that in the case was possible to unblock the problematic driver or other possible cause of the block.

many thanks in advance!
    Dimitri

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

So many problems ... you cannot even enter Safe Mode ... ... It is really difficult to diagnose...

Best would be to backup all your data first and then use the Reset function or Repair the OS installation or go in for a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Best would be to backup all your data first and then use the Reset function or Repair the OS installation or go in for a fresh install.
    Yes, i see...
    if you think there is not an alternative way to try and follow , I'll do the reset or fresh install.

If I have understood well, in a few days should be also released the third windows 10 release, right?
    But if i do a formatting on the SSD h. disk, then will i be able to reinstall Windows 10 Pro for free from the precedent installation dvd or at this point waiting to install from the new dvd created by media creation tool? starting from the 29th of July, i guess...

Dimitri

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You will be install it free, as the free license would be tied to that hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    You will be install it free, as the free license would be tied to that hardware.
    I need urgent help: i just tried to reboot with a installation dvd (created on and for notebook by media creation tool) and is not possible to
    restore Windows 10 Pro even if i choose to delete all data ecc.. ; if i reboot and choose directly Install button (i suppose to do a fresh installation)
    appears a windows where it ask me the Microsoft license code , but i don't have it as it was a free uprade to windows 10 pro (from Seven).
    When i choose to continue it asks me to select what system i want to install , and then it says that i have to reboot and choose to restore a precedent
    operative system ... i am not able to exit from this maze. I have just a old copy in dvd of Seven but it is a 32 bit (i require a 64 bit version) and is not even authentic
    copy.
    Why the installation software says that is missing a partition required to do that operation? To avoid unwanted formatting , as good rule, i have detached the cables of the other two secondary hard disks but they have not nothing to do with the precedent Windows 10 Pro installation / upgrade. The Samsung SSD h. disk is the main, and there was installed in it just the partition C: and the little boot partition of about 500 MB , D: i think to remember.

i never hated like today windows system before, or perhaps i would have to blame Solid State Disk for all these problems experienced after just 6 months?

many thanks
    Dimitri

jeniffer is offline New Member

i have installed DriverRestore from driverrestore com , that usually find and let you know if the drivers on your pc are to be updated:block could be also caused by an installation of a slightly newer driver that ATI gives as incompatible with Windows 10 . However the last driver version installed give signs of unstability/ problems just after the installation