Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

Default 0x80070057 error while updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I received a Something went wrong 0x80070057 error while upgrading my PC to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Any idea how to fix this?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

After the downloading is completed, turn On Aeroplane Mode or disable LAN/WLAN or Internet access while the installer is verifying the download.

This has been reported to help.

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

Am not even reaching the validation state to use your answer. I get the message just after running the Anniversary.exe. It checks disk space, starts downloading and then gives me error.
    It says Insufficient Disk Space message even after the initial checks show it ok. I have a 32GB SSD and I have 20 GB free on it. I formatted a 16GB USB and attached it before running AU.exe file
    NO USE. It's tooooooo frustrating and time waste.
    After attaching all these devices, I removed the upgrade files, downloaded the Anniversary Update exe again but it still says Disk Space Issue; uninstall some programs. I did not install any programs after the reset I did few days ago. Just using the cloud Word and mail apps
    What to do? WAIT until it comes thru Windows Update? What if I wait and it fails again? Can't attempt clean install as I am not sure about the device drivers availability for my computer. Plus it is an OEM edition so I don't know if it will activate by itself when I clean install. It does not show "Digitial Entitlement" in Computer Properties.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

That is truly strange ... Anyway the best I can suggest is to use Disk Cleanup & CCleaner, delete old Windows installation files, delete the contents of the SoftwareDistribution files and try again.

Its an OEM - so you will be able to activate it later on easily...