j12a13s is offline New Member

Default Error 1962 No operating system found

In September 2016, I installed Windows 10 updates as usual without any obvious issues. But, I did notice the disappearance of my printer drivers and later reinstalled them. Otherwise, this past weekend I turned my computer off to rest overnight. The next day turned it on and the operating system would not load and I received the message "Error 1962 No operating system found". I suspect the latest Windows 10 update harmed my system because otherwise it was running fine without issues.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Currently, I have tried to excess "system recovery" without success. I have a Lenovo All-in-One A540 that I purchased in December 2015.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You may have to rebuild BCD.

See the last part here: Missing Operating System Not Found error in Windows

j12a13s is offline New Member

Received a Recovery USB drive from Lenovo. I was able to recognize USB and attempted a product recovery, but the recovery failed and I received the message "no PBR driver found...Run mops1 fail". I was talking with my son and his Windows 10 sound drivers disappeared just like mine plus printer drivers and then OS failure. I have been really disappointed with Microsoft and their upgrades. I'm not the only one with this problem.