Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clayto

Thread: DISM problem - Use the Source option to specify the location of the files

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default DISM problem - Use the Source option to specify the location of the files

I have been using the Club's tweaker to launch the DISM Restore Health tool but when the scan finishes I get "The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077."

So far any fix for this I have found is too complicated for me. Can someone help?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

I have still not got DISM to work and have other issues which may be related. One reason for my difficulty is that EDGE which I have been using, has lost the functions to record History and Favourites so I have not been able to find my way around eg. I have tried a fix which is copied below and want to get back to the page it was on to read the comments, but I cannot find it.

For now I have abandoned Edge and am using Maxthon, which does keep a history of where I have been.

net stop wuauserv

cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution

ren Download Download.old

net start wuauserv

net stop bits

net start bits

net stop cryptsvc

cd %systemroot%\system32

ren catroot2 catroot2old

net start cryptsvc
    HappyAndyK likes this.