tdozzyx is offline New Member

Exclamation Windows 10 Ghost Icons

A brand new laptop with all the power and grace money can buy......almost useless I guess unless I do "another reset"....This issue occurred to me just as I was setting up my new computer. All my icons disappeared and my store apps stopped working.....the place markers for the apps were there in the form of there titles and if you clicked on the space above the title a corresponding file or program would open....I couldn't fix it so I reset the computer and it was then OK.....I went to reload software and boom....it happened again...at least to the Icons....the software loaded has been it use and no issues....I am using McAfee LiveSafe and a scan did show one threat that was quarantined...

I used fixwin 10.0.1.0 and received this message?..."Could not find file 'C:\Users\Timothy Dolly|AppData\Local\IconCache.db'.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasicFileIO.FileSystem.DeleteFileI nternal(String file,UIOptionInternal showUI, RecycleOption recycle, UICancelOption onUserCancel}
    at FixWin.Main_From.FixComputedDesktopIcons_Click(Obj ect sender, EventAegs e}

Please report this to the Windows Club!

HELP?
    Last edited by tdozzyx; 21st December 2016 at 16:43.

parassidhu is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hello,

Are you referring to a condition somewhat like this: