jrdark is offline New Member

Question BSOD with DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION stop code

In the middle of pretty normal computer usage my computer started stuttering and having moments of freezing and unfreezing. This culminated in the first BSOD for the kernel security check failure.

Working through some of the posts on this and other forums I checked over all my hardware and connections, then ran the system file checker, chkdisk, and driver verifier manager, in that order, turning up no issues.

Then on the reboot after that I BSOD'ed with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION stop code, and continue to do so on every boot not into safe mode, soon after putting in my password to log in.

I went into my safe mode command line and reset my driver verifier but it continues to BSOD right as I'm putting in my password, with the same IOMANAGER VIOLATION message and the HIDCLASS.SYS listed as what failed.

I have the .dmp files from the minidump folder located on my google drive but I can't post url's yet apparently?

so please don't put;
    /open?id=0B9rqKXbQA22ldGxDNkhWb1JlZkE

after https drive google com

with the appropriate punctuation...

but I don't personally know enough to recognize the cause of the errors.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help me with this.
    V/R,
    Jason

jrdark is offline New Member

I have already chat with microsoft live chat support which was about as helpful as I expected they'd be meaning they went almost immediately to having me reinstall, hoping y'all can help me preclude that from being necessary.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION is a Stop Error caused due to some Device Driver problem.

Some ideas - but not sure if this can really help you.

1] If you have installed software like Logitech Gaming, ZoneAlarm, PeerBlock, GPass, uninstall it and see if that helps. Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver is known to cause this issue.

2] Update all your drivers

3] Can you perform a Clean Boot? Do so and try to carry out a System Restore to a prior good point.

Some information here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx