dtopa is offline New Member

Default Office 2013 deactivated on my Windows 10 os

Last April (2016) I purchased Office 2013 pro from NerdsforLess and received a product key which I applied to download from MS website. A couple weeks ago this product was deactivated by MS. I could not re-apply product key either over the Internet or by phone. I talked to MS tech support who told me that MS had deactivated my Office software because the product key had been leaked and that the seller (NerdsforLess) would give me a replacement key. Bob, at NerdsforLess, denied he knew anything about the key being leaked (he actually accused me of leaking the key--yeah right, a personal, professional person is going to sell a key as opposed to a large discount reseller!) and refused to refund my purchase price or provide me with a replacement key. My question is: How can MS justify deactivating my product key when I have proof I paid for the product and there is no way to know who leaked the key? MS did not consult me on this and as far as I can tell, did not research the leaking. So how come I get screwed when I played by the rules (paying for a product and properly registering it)? Thank you for any comments.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

They may have sold the same key to several users, who may have genuinely paid for it. So in such cases, where a key is leaked, Microsoft or for that matter any software developer would deactivate the key.

It is therefore best to buy license keys from official authorized sellers.