Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MNMASRI

Thread: Reading PDF file with Arabic Arabic Characters in Windows 10

MNMASRI is offline New Member

Default Reading PDF file with Arabic Arabic Characters in Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I am having problems reading PDF files sent from my bank that contain a mix of Arabic and English characters; all the Arabic characters and the debit (-) sign appear as small squares. I am using Acrobat Adobe reader XI. I have followed all the MS recommendations so far vis--vis setting up my windows 10 Arabic language and keyboard, but to no avail. I appreciate your help

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I do not have much idea about Adobe Reader but I don't think it supports Arabic. Perhaps you could save the PDF as a Word document and then edit it - as MS Words does support Arabic fonts. You could then add the Arabic font to Windows 10 and see if it works fine.

Also check if you are using the latest version of Adobe Reader. If nothing helps perhaps you could check out some other free PDF Reader software.

MNMASRI is offline New Member

Adobe Reader supports Arabic, I was able to read PDF files containing Arabic characters sent from my bank with no problems in Windows 7. The problem started when I upgraded to windows 10. I have recently checked the PDF file fonts type/properties sent by my bank, they are as follows:
    Simplified Arabic Fixed
    Type: True Type
    Encoding: Custom
    Actual Font: Simplified Arabic Fixed
    Actual Font Type: TrueType
    Unfortunately I could not find these fonts within Microsoft Windows 10 library/Store. I have consulted various fonts vendors ( fonts.com / monotone / cool text / my fonts / Linotype ) unfortunately they only have the Simplified Arabic Fixed - Open Type not the "TrueType"
    HappyAndyK likes this.