pbeatts59 is offline New Member

Default My Windows 10 suddenly stopped connecting to the internet

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have just joined, and looked through several pages, trying to find a thread with the same issue. Alas, no, so I must be on my own.
    Problem is, my dell inspiron 580 running windows 10, upgraded from windows 7, suddenly stopped connecting to the internet. I have exhausted all tested and fixes that I could find on the internet, including those from Microsoft themselves, but nothing changes.

My IP config files are not to be found, when I open the prompt, and type ipconfig and hit return, all I get is four lines of text, with virtually nothing but 0000000 in each, and the user name on top line. When I go through the win 10 settings, I find that my ethernec connection has an x on it, but my WiFi connection looks OK, but both, say the device is working normally.

When I go to advanced setting, both ipv4 and ipv6 connections are listed as not connected.. Nothing will change it, and all my searches for answers, led me to here, after I found your Fixwin 10.

I thought this must be the one, so I downloaded, via my laptop, then onto my PC, your program, and ran all the fixes associated with my networking problem. Even your program could not fix it for me...

I am at my wits end, and wonder if anyone here can help me with a fix for this. I am technically minded, but still really a novice, but I have enough PC savvy to understand and carry out instructions, I can also make live help by using my laptop to communicate, while executing commands.

Please please please, someone help.

Many many thanks in advance.

PS, Fixwin10, is wonderful, I used it on my laptop, to try it out before putting onto PC, my laptop is now running like new, and faster than ever, so thank you very much for that Fixwin 10.

I have the following info from my command prompt.
    I have just tried another Microsoft fix, being their netshell utility.
    When I opened the prompt ant typed in the command to reset, I got the following info:
    C:\windows\system/32>netsh into reset resettcpip.text
    Resetting, failed.
    Access denied.

There is no user specific settings to be reset.

Also, here are info from ipconfig:
    C:\windows\system32>ipconfig
    Windows IP configuration

Nothing else. Now, config all

C:\windows\system32>ipconfig\all
    The system cannot find the path specified.

I hope this info will help someone with a fix for me.
    Thanks again in advance.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

What is clean boot.????

Its OK, I followed your link. Thank you.