bettei is offline New Member

Default My Hotmail is now going to my Action Center instead of my Live Mail

I hope this is the right forum to ask about my Hotmail. I use and LIKE to get my email via Live Mail, and have made no changes to my settings regarding my email accounts. However, after updating Windows 10 apparently, my Hotmail is now going to my message center instead of my Live Mail. So in order to see my Hotmail, I have to log in with a password and Outlook, which I do not like, nor do I want to change to.
    So how can I stop my mail going to the action center without deleting my Hotmail account, and losing any important emails I have there? I am afraid if I delete my account, it might cause problems, yet the way it is now is unacceptable.

It is so annoying to have this change made, and not knowing it happened. thanks

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I am guessing that it is going to your Mail app and showing notifications in your Action Center. To stop the Noifications, your can turn them off via the Notification settings in the Windows 10 Settings app.

Windows Live mail is not being supported, so I suggest that you move to Mail app, Microsoft Outlook or any other third party email client.