CHUXNZ is offline New Member

Default Removed Windows.old folder after installing Windows 10 Creators Update

Following the install of the Windows 10 Creators Upgrade I have tried removing the Windows OLD folder using CCleaner.

It results in some of my 3rd party apps such as "Chess Titans" not working. something to do with Direct X.

I have checked and have the latest version (12) of Direct X

Any suggestions?

DeborahJ is offline Windows Enthusiast

Hmm ... You should always use the buit-in Disk Cleanup Utility to remove the Windows.old folder. Maybe CCleaner messed up somewhere...

See if you can carry out a system restore and perhaps get the Windows.old folder back on your system.

CHUXNZ is offline New Member

Default CCleaner was the issue

Quote Originally Posted by DeborahJ View Post
    Hmm ... You should always use the buit-in Disk Cleanup Utility to remove the Windows.old folder. Maybe CCleaner messed up somewhere...

See if you can carry out a system restore and perhaps get the Windows.old folder back on your system.
    Thanks
    I was able to reinstall from a Macrium Mirror image. I removed the Windows Old Folder thru the Disk Cleanup. As a result there are no current issues.
    This site prometed the use of CCleaner for this purpose some time back hence my desire to use it. I did check the options the 2nd time around and found that CCleaner was offering to delete more old installation data than Disck Clean up......!!
    Thanks for your advice