omiazad is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Remove device name from Safely Remove Hardware List

Whenever I connect something to my USB-C port I see a "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" device on the Eject list:

As you can see on the above image I have that hardware listed for eject on the list. I have connected a USB Type C network adaptor to that port and as you can see the "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" is listed but the network adaptor is not. When I connect a flash drive, it shows both. I do not have any reason to eject this hardware, and this is annoying for me on the list.

In my finding, I can see that the device itself is connected with another device:

Having the name on the list is not much of a problem. The problem is, if I click on it accidentally. So it would be very helpful if I could remove that name from the list.

Can you please help me to learn how to remove this name "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" from Safely remove hardware list, so that I do not click on it accidentally?

Matrix is offline Senior Member

There is some free tools that lets you delete/manage these entries. Perhaps it is covered on this site; maybe you could search.

Did you also run the Windows USB Troubleshooter?