ArquiTech is offline New Member

Exclamation Microsoft (C) Register Server Desktop Explorer Error on Windows 10

Hello! currently having an error window as soon as windows load.
    I'm with Windows 10 and recently updated to the latest version.

This is the error:

Something is trying to install something and the Register server is asking for administrator permissions the computer its literately just been installed the windows, i'm running kaspersky antivirus so i don't think its a malware or something like that... because i haven't use any installer that i haven't use before... -the weird thing its the desktop wallpaper as you see it's wrong... but after i right click and choose next desktop background it fixes (this background error doesn't happens always)

Does anyone knows how to find out what program its trying to install something??? is there any way to find out exactly what this error about???

Thank you for your help!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I see that you are seeing the following error:

Administrator rights required to install

Microsoft Register Server is the command used to register DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) in Windows. The command is regsvr32 with the full path being C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe.

If it is located in any other folder it could be malware.

Scan your PC with your Kaspersky in Safe Mode or at Boot Time.

Download freeware WinPatrol and check your Startup programs. Disable (not remove) any doubtful startups you see.

Also see if something here helps you: Microsoft Register Server has stopped working on Windows 10/8/7.