JCN9801 is offline New Member

Default Control Panel > Mail (Microsoft Office 2016) applet "not found"

The link appears to be broken. Multiple attempts during O365PP installations probably did it so I am considering it to be an Office problem (for which I paid money).

I tried going through Office 365 support and was kindly shown the "out of our scope" door and sent to general support ROBOT...

I am OKAY for now and Outlook 2016 does work. But I had a close call with accidentally selecting an obsolete profile and OUTLOOK would not start-up.
    From what I have researched, using this applet seem the way to handle these issues.

"Free" Microsoft Support seems to have almost nothing on this issue and what people have been told on-line to try does not appear to work for any of them.
    Left open, dangling. Some of this from 2015!

It seems to me to be a registry problem. Maybe there is a Fix It or Troubleshooter out there that can solve it.

I found an app called WinMail.exe but it immediately WERs on me so I assume that is not the correct link from Control Panel either.

Yeah, I can live with for now and who knows for how long. But someday my profile will go bad and then what????

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for posting but it seems Office does not want to own this one.
    Suggestions / corrections gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
    ---JCN

Doug_72 is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear abut your problems, but not much I can say on this issue. Posting on Microsoft Answers Forum, Office section may help...