Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How can Administrator change another user's password in Windows 10

  1. #1
    redchris is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default How can Administrator change another user's password in Windows 10

    Hello

    I am the admin user on my daughter's windows 10 laptop. She has forgotten her password and her pin and so I want to try and change the password. Does anyone know how to do this please?

    I have gone to the 'Family and other people' window and it gives me an option to change the account type. However I can't see how I can change her password.

    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Chris


  2. #2
    HappyAndyK's Avatar
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,500

    Default

    Open Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage another account.

    Select the User Account and on the next screen, click Change the password.

    You can change the other user accounts password here.

  3. #3
    Gamseryu is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redchris View Post
    Hello
    I am the admin user on my daughter's windows 10 laptop. She has forgotten her password and her pin and so I want to try and change the password. Does anyone know how to do this please?
    I have gone to the 'Family and other people' window and it gives me an option to change the account type. However I can't see how I can change her password.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Chris
    You can use password reset disk to do , or ,is this a Microsoft account you login with? if so go to account.live.com/ password/ reset and reset the password.

  4. #4
    Gamseryu is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamseryu View Post
    You can use password reset disk to do , or ,is this a Microsoft account you login with? if so go to account.live.com/ password/ recover and reset password.
    So sorry , It's complicated to use reset disks, MS account or NT password , and you can login into other account on your laptop to change the password ,
    PS: I don't think reloading the system can be a good thing
    Last edited by Gamseryu; 5th January 2018 at 01:32.

  5. #5
    japper is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamseryu View Post
    So sorry , It's complicated to use reset disks, MS account or NT password , and you can login into other account on your laptop to change the password ,
    PS: I don't think reloading the system can be a good thing
    The Microsoft account would be simpler,just login into your Microsoft and you are able to set up a new password .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22