Terrier is offline New Member

Default WinX Menu shortcuts stopped working after upgrading Windows 10

I updated recently in August Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1703. The update went smoothly but I noticed that shortcuts of WinX Group 3 stopped working. How to fix that ?

So, I cannot even issue command: sfc /scannow.

I tried a couple times to restore back to version 1607 and update again to 1703.

In old version everything is working but in 1703 these shortcuts of Quick Access menu are not working.

Any reasonable help is appreciated.

I forgot to mention that shortcut File Explorer of Group 2 do not work either and I cannot sign in as an administrator more. Windows Installer process starts and freezes for the mentioned shortcut commands.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Download ShellExView

Press Win key+R to open the Run box. Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the scan.

Next download and use ShellExView and disable all non-Microsoft context menu items and see. If the WinX Menu now works for you, then one of them is creating problems.

There are more suggestions here: WinX Menu not working in Windows 10

Well, to Run box by entering the command: sfc /scannow requires an administrator right. I cannot run system file checker scan without that. I tried c:\windows\system32> administrative powers, activate !
    It did not help either.

Also, I have doubts about using ShellExView utility because I cannot open File Explorer which is another shortcut of Group 2 of WinX.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Alright, I did that differently but still no success opening Group 2 and 3 of WinX folder.
    I pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL buttons and ran Task Manager from the opening window clicking File menu and running new task, typing there in text field cmd with checking "create this task with administrative
    privileges" box. That move allowed me to open command prompt with administrative privileges.
    There I entered SFC /scannow which told me: Windows Resource Protector found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them.
    After that I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which advised me that "The component store is repairable".
    Then I ran another command DISM/ Online/Clenup-Image /RestoreHealth with restore operation completed successfully and I restarted my PC.
    Conclusions: 1. Why Windows 10 update ( version10.0.15063.0 ) disables user of administrative privileges ?
    2. Why the Creator update causes corruption of windows system files unless in August Microsoft still sends a beta Creator update ( Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter is a
    meaningless tool, it finds nothing )?
    3. Why the mentioned shortcuts of Group 2 and 3 do not work at all ( Windows Install Server process starts and freezes ) even after DISM tool restoral work of corrupted files ?