Marvis is offline New Member

Cool Hidefileext registry setting for all users

Hi, im new here and i say hallo everybody, my question and maybe it is often replayed, is about HideFileExt, problematic.

i searched and i know from Microsoft that it is a security way that only per user you can set this reg parameters,

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "HideFileExt" /t REG_DWORD /d 0

reg add "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\ex plorer\advanced\folder\hidefileext" /f /v "DefaultValue" /t REG_DWORD /d 0

but it must be a possibility to set all users with this option so that all used users that are logged in a windows windows10 for eg.
    they can see the end of the file name. .jpg .txt. .pdf and so on.
    maybe but sombody has just tryed to make any batch command to set all user with this?
    i ve used the default user too but it refers only at the ones that is logged.
    for ex. there are 3 or 4 users on PC now i want as admin to start a batch command to give

this option to everybody. It becomes only one and is the ones that is logged on.

has anybody any nice batch command to use?

DeborahJ is offline Windows Enthusiast

I am sorry but I have not understood what exactly it is that you are looking for.