dioretsa is offline New Member

Question Camera not working work right after installing a rather trustable program

My camera always worked fine on my Windows PC until one day I installed a streaming program called Xsplit. It would make my video input occasionally stop completely and replace it with a "Camera not working"-type message from the program. I uninstalled it thinking that would fix the issue, but now my webcam doesn't work at all. I reinstalled it just a bit ago to see what would happen and sure enough, the camera works for that program and the built-in Camera app but not for any other programs like Skype.

Toshiba Satellite C55DT-C5245
    Windows 10 64-bit
    error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABE0)

Also in Device Manager the camera driver was hidden, and I had to check "show hidden devices" to see it (kind of expected) but in the properties window is this:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Obviously the solution would be to reconnect it, however, this webcam is built into my laptop and I very seriously doubt a program physically detached my camera while magically keeping it's function in two apps.

I've tried:
    -SFC.exe, came back clean
    -updating the driver, was up to date
    -reinstalling the driver, all this did was change it's category in Device Manager (Imaging Devices to Other Devices)

DeborahJ is offline Windows Enthusiast

Seems that the program messed up your Camera drivers.

Best suggestion would be to use System Restore and go back to a good point prior to the programs installation.

If this is not possible, identify your camera, go to the manufacturer's site and download and install the device drivers for it.

Check this post too - This hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)