GoultySoul is offline New Member

Default DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

Hi!

We have some interactive whiteboards with Smart education software. When I install the Notebook 14 on the laptop, an error occurs. It says that there is a .dll file in the winSxS fiolder that is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error, therefor reinstall the software:

Bad Image - DLL file is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I reinstalled it 3 times, with the same result.

My question is: How can I delete this file from the winSxS folder?

The file is:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_smarttech.ziparchive.vc100.4 .5_e7e76aadd9f46776_1.0.1.0_none_3edd03d46e05af02\ ZipArchive2010-vc100-mt-x86.dll

When they first installed this software, it worked but it was a trial version. They deleted the trial version and installed the full version, but when starting the program the error appeared and i can't fix it since. This is a brand new laptop with Win10 Home on it.

Can someone help?
    Thank You!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Deleting the file will not help, as your program does require that particular DLL file for running. It's just that the version of that DLL may have changed and so it may not be working now.

Contact the software vendor and ask them the version number of that DLL file that is required for proper running on your software. Then see if you can get that DLL file from one of your older trusted systems that may not have this update installed.

Meanwhile, you could also run System File Checker and see if that helps you.