Ulrich is offline New Member

Default How to remove Snipping Tool Watermark

This happens every now and again, but whenever I use the snipping tool, the watermark gets plastered on the middle of the screen and it's super annoying to deal with.

The mark doesn't even dissapear, after I've taken the snip. Closing the Quickstart menu or the snipping tool doesn't fix this, neither does anything in the settings.

If you don't know what I'm referring too, here's an image of what I mean: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ol_10_Icon.png

Thanks.

DeborahJ is offline Windows Enthusiast

See if this helps.

Open Control Panel > Advanced system settings. Click Performance button > Settings and uncheck the "Fade out menu items after clicking" option.

Now try again.

Does it help?

vasudev is offline Moderator

I don't think its watermark, haven't come across such a thing from Windows in-built snipping tool. When does such a 'watermark' gets placed? Are you inadvertently pressing any button to place the snipping tool icon? If you press 'New' , doesn't it get removed or start a new snip? Which build/version of Windows 10 are you using? Ensure your Windows is up-to-date with latest updates.