Thread: Windows 10 Error Reporting wermgr.exe is trouble!

jjstccean is offline New Member

Unhappy Windows 10 Error Reporting wermgr.exe is trouble!

Is this error a coincidence, or is it for real, I get this dreaded problem with multiple instances of this file 'wermgr.exe' are loaded in to memory [Error reporting] in Windows 10. Every day it fires up and freezes my internet and all open programs, keyboard and mouse. Where desperation forces me to reset my PC and I can use the PC for the rest of the day without it firing up again until the next day.

Up until a week ago I never had this problem as I was running Windows on an ordinary mechanical hard drive. A week ago I've upgraded to a SSD Samsung 850 EVO drive and suddenly I'm having this problem and can not find a solution anywhere that can help solve this issue. I've tested the SSD using Samsung's Magician software with a healthy report about the drive.

Wonder if Microsoft's aware of this problem? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Nick.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Check WerMgr.exe or WerFault.exe Application Error in Windows 10

You can disable it if it is creating problems.

jjstccean is offline New Member

Thank you. I've disabled it everywhere possible, registry, services and scheduler etc. But to no avail, it still manages to cause a problem. Can't imagine why it would do this??!