Thread: I lost my Windows 10 operating system

MMB
    MMB is offline New Member

Unhappy I lost my Windows 10 operating system

I have an Inspiron 17 that came with Win 7 and I upgraded to Win 10 when it first came out...and it was free. I recently did a factory reset for a fresh start. I had it set up and promptly forgot my password. I tried to use an ISO file from Aug 2015 because I thought I could just do another factory reset. I then tried to use a repair disc that I made in Apris of 2017 and wasn't able to get any change. Now my computer says there is no operating system on the computer. It won't repair itself or complete any functions. I have no idea what to do. I don't want to pay for windows 10 because I already had a free copy. I want to fix this problem, but not sure what to do. At one point there was a message that there is a missing partition.

I am not a computer wiz, but I can follow directitons if you give me step by step. Any solutions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

MMB
    MMB is offline New Member

Default Additional message from Windows

There is now a message "Reset this PC: The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." I have't got a clue what this means.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator