Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default BCUninstaller problem

BCU should be a very useful utility but I have a major problem with it, which I have not found a solution to in its Manual or elsewhere. Many programs / apps which I 'uninstall' reappear when the program is restarted. I 'uninstall' thoroughly and not in Silent mode, so I get numerous signs that it is going well: 'uninstalled', 'deleted', 'cleaned' successfully and so on. The repeated return of programs is something different to simply being unable to uninstall a particular program for some reason.

I thought there was a review of BCU on this site but have not found it using search.

Riverside is offline New Member

Excuse if this is a stupid question, but...

Is this what you are talking about? Bulk Crap Uninstaller? (can't post url's yet, sorry)

And if so, may I ask why you're using this instead of simply using the Windows control panel?

Default Bcu

Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    Excuse if this is a stupid question, but...

Is this what you are talking about? Bulk Crap Uninstaller? (can't post url's yet, sorry)

And if so, may I ask why you're using this instead of simply using the Windows control panel?

Yes it is BulkCrapUninstaller. Unlike BCU the uninstaller in Control Panel does not list many of the programs I want to uninstall plus as far as I know it is not a thorough uninstaller like WiseUninstaller, IOBit Uninstaller and the well known RevoUninstaller ie.it leaves lots of junk behind. I am wondering if BCU shows incomplete programs because of their junk ---- but during the uninstall process in many cases lots of files are listed for deletion, not just odd bits and pieces.

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Here it is - BCUninstaller is a Bulk Crap Uninstaller for Windows

Maybe you should run it as admin and see if that helps.

This issue was never resolved. Since I have done a clean re-install of W10 I will possibly not re-install BCU, good though it is without this problem.