Thread: Calendar App Not Displaying Shared Google Calendar

Riverside is offline New Member

Default Calendar App Not Displaying Shared Google Calendar

Someone shares a google calendar with me that is set to display only busy/free time, so no details are displayed when I view her calendar in Google Calendar. I can see this calendar in EM Client, Thunderbird, and every other desktop calendar client I've ever used (and I've tried a lot of them). It will not even show up in Windows 10 native calendar app. Anyone have a clue why? Anyone have a clue where else I may be able to get help with this issue? It's NOT a google issue because this is the ONLY calendar app that refuses to display it.

JushuaBrin is offline New Member

You might need to sync your computer to Google calendar.

Riverside is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JushuaBrin View Post
    You might need to sync your computer to Google calendar.
    I don't think you understand the issue.

More details:

I'm syncing Windows Calendar to my primary Google Calendar account, which has several calendars which I own, and several shared calendars which other people own. One of the shared calendars is set to only display free/busy time to me (no event details other than time). That one calendar doesn't even display in Windows Calendar app.

So Jushua, the problem has nothing to do with syncing. It's the fact that the calendar isn't even there in Windows. This same calendar displays in the Lightning addon for Thunderbird, EM Client and every other Calendar client software I've tried (and I've tried many). Windows calendar is the ONLY software that it will not display in. I think it's likely a design oversight but who knows.