sew333 is offline New Member

Default State Repository Service bug in Windows 10

Hello. My cpu 8700K ,16GD DDR GSKILL XMP ( 3000mhz )
    2 disks: SSD Crucial 525 GB MX300, HDD TOSHIBA 500GB 7200RP
    I downloaded from microsoft Windows 10 and make bootable iso in Pendrive Kingston Data Traveler.
    During install i format SSD and HDD. I choose to install Windows 10 to SSD.
    After installed Windows 10
    I faced this issue:

surfacetablethelp.com/2017/11/high-cpu-usage-with-state-repository-service-in-windows-10-fall-creators-update.html

My Windows 10 computer has became slow after cleaned install of Fall Creators. When I load some website in Edge and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps freezing. I notice that state repository service takes about 100% resources of CPU usage. It happens while I connect it to internet via ethernet network. Then I open the Immersive control panel or Settings app and click on any link, the same problem appears, no matter using Microsoft or local account.

After 2-3 restarts issue gone. But i tried to reproduce this issue and i format disk again and installed Win 10 again from pendrive. But this time all was fine.
    And my question is. Why after second format and second clean install Windows 10 i dont had this issue? Thank you for explanation. Cheers
    From what i read from internet problem is reproducable. I met peoples that they reproduce issue by each fresh install on formatted partition. So why i cant?

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Windows works in strange ways. Clean installs always give better results that an upgrade.

But good to see that your problem has been solved.

sew333 is offline New Member

After 1 clean install of Windows 10 during usb pendrive when i formatted partition and installed on ssd i had that 2 issues. Problem dissapear after 2-3 reboots. Fine.
    But i tried to reproduce issues and i format ssd again during second clean install. But problem not appeared again. So why i cant reproduce this? Thank you. It was hardware related or just because i was installing Windows 10 on new ssd first time?