Thread: Unusual Windows 10 problems. No access to Panther folder, etc.

Like2know is offline New Member

Cool Unusual Windows 10 problems. No access to Panther folder, etc.

My pc running Windows 10 is doing the strangest things. Because of this I have turned security up to max. So anytime anything tries to access the internet I am prompted.

Is it normal for the system to ask to connect? is it normal for the setting to ask to connect? is it normal for voice recorder to ask to connect. If I deny access, I can still do what I want to do. So I am not sure why it would ask to connect.

Also why does Panther run scripts to try to reset my security at random times? Why when I try to open files in the Panther folder do I not have even read access?

Why does it try to put a fake windows update data replacing what is actually installed?

Why do my log files (I have everything logged) try to change to unreadable versions, where i have to use the powershell to read?

I have so many questions, but this will be a good start.

Thank you to anyone who has the time to answer.

Like2know is offline New Member

Just a quick note, I installed windows 10 fresh. Not upgraded, so why would I even have the panther folder? Also why would I have the "restore windows 7" option in the control panel? It has never had anything but windows 10 installed new.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Windows setup log files are located in different locations on the hard disk. The Panther directory is one of them.C:\Windows\Panther directory is used during the installation of Windows. You may delete it if you wish.

Maybe Windows is asking for your permission every time because you have set its security settings to the highest levels.

Run a full-scan using your antivirus software. Also use a portable antivirus like Dr. Web Cure It or Zemana to scan your PC.

After this, reset your PC security settings to default and see.