ericm is offline New Member

Default Mouse, Keyboard stop working during Reset operation

I am running Windows 10 Home V1703 patched up to 13/3/18. I have installed and removed several programs and decided to clean up by re-installing windows.
    I went into recovery and chose the reset pc and clear all files option.

The reset completed and reached the point where you have to accept the licence agreement. This is the first time you need the keyboard and/or the mouse as up to this point you can answer verbally.

Neither the mouse or the keyboard work (both are usb) and there is no way out of this situation.

Any ideas?

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Hi,

This is strange. Did they work properly before you started the Reset? Could you try another mouse and see? Could you cancel the Reset and go back. And the next time you start, disable your security software and see?

ericm is offline New Member

Hi
    Yes everything worked fine. My keyboard, screens and mouse are connected via a KVM. I have reset windows several times in the past with no problems.

Having tried the reset with the system as is with no success I tried it with an ISO image disk - this time got error 0xC00000e9.
    I then tried both methods of reset with a monitor, keyboard and mouse directly attached - same results.

I can happily recover the old system from an Acronis Trueimage backup and all works as before.

I only tried a reset to get a clean system after playing around with various new programs and discarding them.
    I am unhappy that if I really need to reset the system it may not work and there is no way back to a clean version of windows 10.